Crew Foreman; Hardscapes and Landscaping
Location: Catharpin, VA
Job Type: Full time
Posted Date: 10/11/18
• Demonstrable hardscape/landscape experience of 5 years or more and a record of managing multiple crew members. ICPI cert. preferable.
• Possesses a detailed knowledge of standard industry practices as it pertains to the installation of paver and masonry patios, segmental and masonry retaining/freestanding walls, landscaping, drainage and grading.
• Has the ability to read and understand construction drawings, set grades and elevations as well as execute installations according to plans.
• Ensure the utilization of standard industry practices and quality expectations set forth by Deckscapes.
• Foreman must possess the ability to lead, organize, and manage two or more crew members in a manner that maximizes efficiency and work flow.
• Foreman must possess the ability to manage two or more employees as it pertains to handling personnel issues on site, maintaining company safety policies and installation procedures.
• Ensures the safety of all personnel on site (including subcontractors) and follows company policy regarding illnesses or accidents on site. Reports all incidents to management immediately. Maintains a safe and clean work environment on site.
Uses and enforces the use of assigned PPE.
• Must be proficient in the operation of a variety of small and heavy equipment, including the ability to safely transport and perform basic maintenance of company and rental equipment as required. Trains and manages crew members on the safe use of small equipment.
• Able to effectively drive and back up truck and trailer combinations proficiently and safely.
• Communicates with management needed repairs, breakdowns and safety concerns of all small and heavy equipment.
• Communicates thoroughly and effectively with management any resource and material requirements in a timely manner to ensure the maintenance of productivity and work flow of projects.
• Organizes tools, equipment and stock materials needed to ensure all items are loaded or otherwise accounted for to complete each days tasks.• Is punctual and reliable.
• Possesses a VA drivers license and is able to maintain a good driving record.
• Able to read and speak English.
• Able to regularly lift/move/leverage up to 80 lbs repetitively and routinely in various site and weather conditions.
• Assists in snow removal during the winter months as needed.